Wednesday, June 6, 2007

radio silence.

i'm leaving the comforts of seattle. with both gone to work, i'm saying goodbye to the couch and the kitchen at my sister and brother-in-law's apartment. my time here has been...well, let's say that sharing in the life of people you love, is what makes us feel human. new friends, Mike and Sarah. old card games of canasta. even got a couple games of beach volleyball in (i know what you're saying. i don't play much beach in SB, and now that i'm in seattle....i know....) but with some eggs in my belly, it's time to keep moving.

time: morning.
weather: cloudy, cold, yet squintingly bright.
disposition: furrowed brow, open heart.

trusty box camera: check.
now, slightly worn atlas: check.
oil lantern: check. (oh yeah.)
my spirit longing for the forest: check, check.

okay. i guess i'm ready. this is it. after this, i'm truly off the grid until late june. i'll be writing old fashioned letters if i can. pray for me. think fondly of me.

know that, despite my absence, you all remain close to my heart.

michael, signing off.

No comments: