Saturday, June 9, 2007

big sky and spirits high...

well, that was a nightmare. long story short, they patched up my horse. my wallet’s a little lighter now. and by little, I mean a lot.

got back on the road. much relieved. little bummed about the money spent, but glad to be freewheelin again.

the Montana mountain heights brought me right back. feeling good in the saddle. as if with each turn or peak, I left the days previous fiasco further and father behind.

spent the night at my Uncle Phil’s. old-school ramblin man. we understand each other. he’s seen it all and been through the shit. I think he’s one of my main reasons I’m obsessed with Montana, beloved state. he recently came back to Christ after years and years. my heart and so many others, prayed for this and now rejoice with our Father in heaven.

bit of time for some bacon and eggs. black coffee. bit of time to swap a few stories. then is back to the road. last stretch before the Rez. pickin up a red feather friend in billings. I can only wonder what lies ahead for me in these next two weeks. pray that I may be a good witness.

and as always, think fondly of me in my absence…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're back on the road my friend. One of these years I'm coming with.

Anonymous said...

Blessings on you, Michael Conrad.

Melissa said...

my little car's been struggling lately too, God love 'em, they try so hard. here's hoping you make it the rest of the way without too much trouble

Lara said...

I'm praying for you friend. Let's meet up when you get back.