Monday, June 13, 2011

the return

why do we apologize to our blogs?

perhaps we'd like to believe that the masses have been checking our site every day, waiting-on-baited-breath to hear and read more. but i think that truthfully, a blog is nothing more than a representative of your life, your discipline, your commitment. I think we apologize because we realize this. that sadly we are not as focused/disciplined/committed to certain things in our lives. Exercising, blogging, gardening, personal spiritual time. they all take time, energy and discipline.

I'm sorry blog. I'm sorry i neglected you. thanks for keeping all my posts, though, and letting me go back and see where i've been. that's always nice.

....so after the obligatory apologizing, real blogging can begin.

I guess my return to blogging mostly stems from from two sources. (again, as mentioned before, I would love to write and say that I just woke up this morn and felt the unquenchable need to blog and that i was a changed man, but, alas, it's not true.)

First, Carly and I are about to embark on a ROAD TRIP. Woot! With any luck, we'll try and blog about our 2.5 weeks of travel, camping, and Red Feather. It'll be the first time we've really had an opportunity to go on the road since we've been married and moved to TN. (We were fortunate enough to make it back to Red Feather/Hopi last September, but we flew.) I suppose this is the funny and not so funny truism of life. as life hands you newer and newer levels of responsibility, you realize that you are more unfettered/free/footloose now, compared to the 'future'. I'm glad we have this opportunity.

Secondly, I've been inspired by a lot of my friends out there, who blog about their lives. It's not an everyday thing, (and I think they'll agree) but the occasional opportunity to put your recent life experiences down in words. Thanks fellow bloggers!

Stay tuned for more musings.....

No comments: